2019 ATHENA, YP, and Organizational Awards Finalists
Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its Women’s Council affiliate announced finalists chosen for the ATHENA Award, the ATHENA Young Professional Award, and the ATHENA Organizational Award. Rochester Chamber and the Women’s Council plan to present the internationally-recognized awards, which honor and empower women in business, at the 33rd annual ATHENA Awards dinner January 24, 2019.
The ATHENA Award is given annually to a professional female leader who has demonstrated significant achievements in business, community service, and the professional advancement of women. Partners + Napier CEO Sharon Napier received the 2018 ATHENA Award.
The 2019 ATHENA Award finalists are:
- Jill Cicero, Owner and Founder, The Cicero Law Firm LLP
- Amy DelCorvo, CEO and Executive Director, New York State Association for Computers and Technology in Education
- Andrea DeMeo, President and CEO, Trillium Health
- Cheryl Dinolfo, Monroe County Executive
- Mary Jo Gugino-Colligan, President and Founder, Angels of Mercy
- Mary Alice Liotta, Senior VP, Director, Operations, ESL Federal Credit Union
- Bridget Martin, Vice President, Monroe Capital
- Angela Panzarella, Interim CEO and Consultant, YWCA of Rochester and Monroe County
- Hilda Rosario-Escher, President and CEO, Ibero-American Action League
- Pamela Schickler, Founder, CEO, and Director, 25 North Dance, Sea Her Shine, Tessa’s Treasures
- Jane Shukitis, President and CEO, UR Medicine Home Care
- Sara Taylor, Vice President of Employment, Rochester Rehabilitation Center and CEO and Founder of Positive Steps Consulting
The ATHENA Young Professional Award recognizes emerging female leaders in the 30 to 45 year old range who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession and serve as a role model for young women both personally and professionally. Dixon Schwabl Managing Partner, Communications, Kim Allen received the 2018 ATHENA Young Professional Award.
The 2019 ATHENA Young Professional Award finalists are:
- Megan Alchowiak, Director of Business Development, Image360 Rochester
- Shaquana Divers, Executive Program Manager, Excellus BCBS
- Jennifer Dunivent, Director of Operations, Outpatient Services, United Memorial Medical Center
- Leticia Fornataro, Senior Associate, Senior Project Manager, SWBR
- Lori O’Brien, Deputy Director, Legal Assistance of Western New York
- Sarah Rutherford, Self-employed Visual Artist
- Michelle Schleher, Senior Construction Project Manager, Rochester Regional Health
- Karen Webber, Founder and President, Webber CPA, PLLC
- Melissa Wentland, Project Manager, DGA Builders, LLC
- Caroline Whelan Tolbert, Associate Director, Advancement Events, University of Rochester
The ATHENA Organizational Award goes to a woman-owned or woman-led business or organization that creates a culture encouraging women employees to achieve their full leadership potential and supports leadership development opportunities for women and girls in the community. Marketing and advertising agency Dixon Schwabl took home the 2018 ATHENA Organizational Award.
The 2019 ATHENA Organizational Award finalists are:
- Capstone Information Technologies
- HCR Home Care
For more information on the ATHENA Awards, contact Rochester Chamber Events Director Susan George at Susan.George@GreaterRochesterChamber.com or (585) 256-4612. To purchase tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities for the January 24, 2019 ATHENA Awards dinner, visit http://bit.ly/2019ATHENAAwards