2019 Young Women of Distinction Finalists Announced
The Women’s Council, a Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce affiliate, has announced the 20 finalists for its annual Young Women of Distinction Award. The scholarship program supports the Women’s Council’s belief that young women with promise today will become tomorrow’s leaders.
Modeled after the ATHENA Award, the program is designed to discover high school seniors who have displayed outstanding leadership, academic excellence, and involvement in the nine-county Rochester and Finger Lakes region.
Four top recipients, one each from the Rochester City School District, Monroe County east, Monroe County west, and the eight regional counties surrounding Monroe, receive a $2,500 scholarship.
The 2019 Young Women of Distinction Award finalists are:
- Ammie Rodriguez – All City High
- Elyse Spencer – School of the Arts
- Karenna Thomas – Wilson Magnet HS
- Aarya Patel – Brighton HS
- Alicia Loui – Fairport HS
- Katherine Kopp – Victor HS
- Lauren Cody – Honeoye-Falls Lima HS
- Maggie Dow – Penfield HS
- Maria Wojciechowski – Our Lady of Mercy HS
- Maeve Reed – Fairport HS
- Abigail Bush – Perry HS
- Ana Eveleigh – Bloomfield HS
- Annabelle Carney – Pavilion HS
- Erynne Garver – Midlakes HS
- Joelle Provino – Mount Morris HS
- Sydney Boone – Avon HS
- Erika Dick – Churchville Chili HS
- Jenna Peterson – Rush-Henrietta HS
- Twanda Dixon – Rush-Henrietta HS
- Alyssa Libonati – Spencerport HS
The Women’s Council will recognize the finalists at a celebration on Monday, May 6 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at The Strathallan Rooftop.