2020 ATHENA International Awards Finalists
Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce and its Women’s Council affiliate announced finalists chosen for the ATHENA International Award, the ATHENA Young Professional Award, and the ATHENA Organizational Award. Rochester Chamber and the Women’s Council plan to present the internationally recognized awards, which honor and empower women in business, at the 34th annual ATHENA International Awards dinner January 23, 2020.
The ATHENA International Award is given annually to a professional female leader who has demonstrated significant achievements in business, community service, and the professional advancement of women.
The 2020 ATHENA International Award finalists are:
- Marlene Bessette, President and CEO, Catholic Family Center
- Stephanie Caffera, Partner, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Nancy Catarisano, Managing Partner, Insero & Co. CPAs LLP
- Dr. Donna Brink Fox, Senior Associate Dean of Academic and Student Affairs; Eisenhart Professor of Music Education, Eastman School of Music of the University of Rochester
- Kelly Gagan, Vice President, Institutional Advancement, Nazareth College
- Dr. Gidget A. Hopf, Chief Executive Officer, Goodwill of the Finger Lakes and The Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Dr. Heidi Macpherson, President, The College at Brockport, State University of New York
- Julie Marsiglio, Director of Major Gifts, United Way of Greater Rochester
- Colleen Matteson, Rochester Market President and Senior Vice President, Bank of America
- Dr. Arlette Miller Smith, Associate Professor, English, and Director, African American Studies, St. John Fisher College
- Dr. Deana L. Porterfield, President, Roberts Wesleyan College and Northeastern Seminary
- Sujatha Ramanujan, Managing Director, Luminate, NextCorps, Inc.
- Kelly Reed, President and CEO, Huther Doyle Memorial Institute, Inc.
- Arline Santiago, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, ESL Federal Credit Union
- Sharon Stiller, Managing Partner, Rochester Office, and Director of the Employment Law Practice, Abrams Fensterman
The ATHENA Young Professional Award recognizes emerging female leaders in the 30 to 45 year old range who demonstrate excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession and serve as a role model for young women both personally and professionally.
The 2020 ATHENA Young Professional Award finalists are:
- Julie Camardo, Chief Executive Officer and Owner, Zweigle’s, Inc.
- Kesha Carter, Chief Diversity Officer, Coordinated Care Services, Inc. (CCSI)
- Lauren Deutsch, Esq., Executive Director, Worker Justice Center of New York, Inc.
- Dr. Mona Gandhi, Associate Professor, Pharmacy Practice and Administration, Wegmans School of Pharmacy at St. John Fisher College
- Kimberly Harding, Partner-Elect, Nixon Peabody LLP
- Kristina Johnson, Vice President-Finance Lead, Digital Enablement Project, Constellation Brands
- Sarah Knight, Founder and Director, Roc Girl Gang
- Amanda Mari, Director, Strategic Relations, Broadstone Real Estate, Inc.
- Amy Martin, Senior Director, Communications, Constellation Brands
- Jennifer Sahrle, Senior Director, Operations, Trillium Health
- Diana Solt, Lead, Strategy Development, L3Harris Technologies
- Dr. Alexis Vogt, Endowed Chair and Associate Professor of Optics, Monroe Community College
The ATHENA Organizational Award goes to a woman-owned or woman-led business or organization that creates a culture encouraging women employees to achieve their full leadership potential and supports leadership development opportunities for women and girls in the community.
The 2020 ATHENA Organizational Award finalists are:
- Butler/Till Media Services
- Helen & Gertrude
- Robert F. Hyland & Sons, LLC
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Rochester, NY
- United Way of Greater Rochester
For more information on the ATHENA Awards, contact Rochester Chamber Events Director Susan George at Susan.George@GreaterRochesterChamber.com or (585) 256-4612. To purchase tickets or explore sponsorship opportunities for the January 23, 2020 ATHENA Awards dinner, visit http://bit.ly/2020ATHENAAwards.