Local Businesses Partner with Roberts Wesleyan College for Corporate Partnership Program
As part of its 2016-21 strategic plan, Rochester Chamber Partner member Roberts Wesleyan College launched its Corporate Partnership program earlier this year. To date, Roberts has signed on 14 organizations, including Rochester Regional Health and the YMCA of Greater Rochester, two of the area’s largest employers. The purpose of the program is to provide affordable and accessible educational opportunities to local businesses and their team members looking to advance their education.
“I am elated to offer this professional development opportunity to our employees who are regarded as cause-driven leaders,” said Fernan R. Cepero, chief human resources and diversity officer at the YMCA of Greater Rochester. “Several of our management team and volunteers are alumni of Roberts and the knowledge they bring to our organization is invaluable. To enter into a partnership with the college today will ensure a bench strength for future leaders of tomorrow.”
Roberts’ educational partnership agreements are with:
Canandaigua National Bank
- Catholic Charities
- Dixon Schwabl
- Genesee Valley Chapter of Society for Human Resource Management
- HCR Home Care
- Heritage Christian Services
- Jewish Senior Life
- Kirkhaven Transitional Care
- Mary Cariola Children’s Center
- Palmer Food Services
- Rochester Regional Health
- St. Ann’s Community
- Tompkins Financial Advisors
- YMCA of Greater Rochester
With this partnership, qualifying employees will receive the following benefits at Roberts Wesleyan College:
- An exclusive 25 percent discount for benefit-eligible employees, spouses and dependents, which can be combined with corporate tuition-assistance programs.
- Accelerated, part-time and full-time classroom and online options designed to support work-life balance.
- Experience and mentorship with faculty who have real-world perspectives and who focus on students and their success.
- 60+ undergrad majors, 15 graduate programs, four bachelor's completion programs and a Doctor of Psychology program.
About Roberts Wesleyan College
Roberts Wesleyan College is committed to character development, Christ-centered education, transformational learning and service. With an enrollment of 1,708 students and a tradition of excellence for over 150 years, the college strives to inspire students to transform themselves and the world, and offers 87 undergraduate, graduate and adult-degree completion programs taught by high-quality, supportive faculty. The college also has a doctoral program in Clinical & School Psychology. Redhawks Athletics offers 19 intercollegiate sports. Roberts Wesleyan was honored on the 2015, 2016 and 2017 Great Colleges to Work For® list, presented by The Chronicle of Higher Education. For more information and recognitions, visit www.roberts.edu.