Rochester Rotary Calls on Community to “Camp Out” for Children with Disabilities
Community Campout to run from Memorial Day to Labor Day
Area residents can go camping and help children with disabilities at the same time. As a prelude to Rochester Rotary Sunshine Camp’s 100th anniversary in 2022, Rochester Rotary is holding a Community Campout to raise funds for, and awareness of, the camp. Participating in the campout is easy, as people can participate by:
- Going camping between Memorial Day and Labor Day
– visiting a campground, pitching a tent in the backyard, or holding a day camp inside or outside of their home.
- Taking a picture and posting it on Facebook or Instagram, including the #SunshineCampout hashtag in their post, and tagging Sunshine Camp (@rotarysunshinecamp).
- Pledging $25 to Rochester Rotary Sunshine Camp - donations can be made at sunshinecamp.org.
- Challenging family members, friends and colleagues to camp out as well.
“Rochester Rotary Sunshine Camp will celebrate its 100th year in 2022,” said Tracey Dreisbach, executive director, Rochester Rotary. “Our community can help the camp continue for many more years and provide a camping experience for area children with physical challenges simply by going camping themselves and by making a small pledge of support. Taking part in our Community Campout is simple to do and camping can happen anywhere - in a campground, in a backyard or in a living room.”
People who post an image will be entered into a random drawing for one of two giveaways: 1) a $100 Dick’s Sporting Goods gift card or 2) a day of fun at Sunshine Camp for up to 50 people. No pledge or donation is necessary to be entered in the drawing; the two winners will be chosen at random.