Young Women of Distinction Award Finalists Announced
The Women’s Council, a Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce affiliate, has announced the 20 finalists for its 19th annual Young Women of Distinction Award. The scholarship program supports the Women’s Council’s belief that young women with promise today will become tomorrow’s leaders.
Modeled after the ATHENA Award, the program is designed to discover high school seniors who have displayed outstanding leadership, academic excellence, and involvement in the nine-county Rochester and Finger Lakes region.
Four top recipients, one each from the Rochester City School District, Monroe County east, Monroe County west, and the eight regional counties surrounding Monroe, receive a $2,500 scholarship and an opportunity for a paid internship at an area company.
The 2018 Young Women of Distinction Award finalists are:
- Safiya Gazali, East
- Arielle Mahoney, Young Women’s College Prep
- Sarah Oeun, Young Women’s College Prep
- Maeya Yeatman, Naples
- Autumn Jeffery, Caledonia Mumford
- Morgan Milhollen, Perry
- Triniti Boykin, North Rose-Wolcott
- Olivia Keller, Palmyra-Macedon
- Lauren Leone, Batavia
- Jaelyn Morgan, Marion
- Cassidy Graham, Alexander
- Kiara Kolaczyk, Victor
- Kaori-Mei Stephens, Harley
- Grace Fjermedal, Mercy
- Sarah Grace Hancock, Penfield
- Joanna Jin, Penfield
- Allison Wilson, Rush-Henrietta
- Jasmine Thomas, Gates Chili
- Juliana Tracey, Greece Athena
- Lindsay Gallagher, Spencerport
The Women’s Council will recognize the finalists at a celebration on Monday, May 7 from 6:30 to 9:00 p.m. at Ballroom 384 at City Grill.