Young Women of Distinction Recipients Announced
The Women’s Council, a Greater Rochester Chamber of Commerce affiliate, presented its annual Young Women of Distinction Awards to Annabelle Carney of Pavilion Central School, Lauren Cody of Honeoye Falls-Lima High School, Alyssa Libonati of Spencerport High School, and Karenna Thomas of Wilson Magnet High School. The scholarship program supports the Women’s Council’s belief that young women with promise today will become tomorrow’s leaders.
Modeled after the ATHENA Award, the program is designed to discover high school seniors who have displayed outstanding leadership, academic excellence, and involvement in the nine-county Rochester and Finger Lakes region.
Four top recipients, one each from the Rochester City School District, Monroe County east, Monroe County west, and the eight regional counties surrounding Monroe, receive a $2,500 scholarship.
Other 2019 Young Women of Distinction Award finalists included:
- Ammie Rodriguez – All City High
- Elyse Spencer – School of the Arts
- Aarya Patel – Brighton HS
- Alicia Loui – Fairport HS
- Katherine Kopp – Victor HS
- Maggie Dow – Penfield HS
- Maria Wojciechowski – Our Lady of Mercy HS
- Maeve Reed – Fairport HS
- Abigail Bush – Perry HS
- Ana Eveleigh – Bloomfield HS
- Erynne Garver – Midlakes HS
- Joelle Provino – Mount Morris HS
- Sydney Boone – Avon HS
- Erika Dick – Churchville Chili HS
- Jenna Peterson – Rush-Henrietta HS
- Twanda Dixon – Rush-Henrietta HS
For more information on the Women’s Council, visit www.RocWomensCouncil.org.