CLIMB (Chamber Leadership Initiative: Mentoring For Business)
Applications Due June 28 – Apply or Nominate an Outstanding Young Leader Today
Rochester Chamber believes that informed, interconnected individuals can inspire inclusive success, helping to grow our economy while facing some of this community’s toughest challenges.
CLIMB brings together the most talented young members of the Rochester/Finger Lakes business community to learn and grow together, making connections and acquiring insight that will help them ascend to new heights of leadership and success within their organizations and community.
1. Experiential Learning - Through an in-depth exploration of the regional economy, including intimate conversations with star CEOs and executive teams, participants learn the strategies that fuel the success of these organizations, and better understand the opportunities and challenges in the regional and global marketplace.
Participants are also joined by community and political leaders to discuss crucial issues facing this region, and invited to become a part of the solution.
2. Personalized Leadership Development - Participants receive yearlong personalized leadership development training from Andrew Brady of The XLR8 Team, focusing on the critical internal foundation that allows great leaders to motivate and inspire.
3. One-on-One Executive Mentoring - *NEW TO THE PROGRAM THIS YEAR* - Participants will be matched with an executive from the business community, forming a partnership designed to explore specific leadership challenges and foster a two-way dialogue between seasoned and emerging leaders in the Rochester/Finger Lakes region.
4. Upon successful completion of the program, CLIMB graduates are asked to join the Future Leaders’ Advisory Council (FLAC) to provide key insight and engagement with Rochester Chamber leadership. FLAC members are afforded opportunities to make a difference on issues like education, health care, poverty, economic development, and talent strategy – and are asked to help to shape the CLIMB program for the years to come.
“The CLIMB program enabled me to learn from the firsthand experience of leaders from a diverse group of industries in the Rochester region, and to polish my own leadership skills through leadership training by Andrew Brady from The XLR8 Team. As a result of an experience from the CLIMB program, my company is pursuing a certified B-Corp designation in the near future.”
John Loury, President, CAUSE + EFFECT Strategy & Marketing (CLIMB ‘17-18) (2018 RBJ Forty Under Forty Honoree, Rochester Chamber FLAC Co-Chair)
“Through the CLIMB program, I was given a more realistic gauge of my strengths and weaknesses. I was able to see how other leaders in the community handle and tackle their companies, especially in adverse circumstances, all with differing and unique styles. I have since been able to adapt my style and tried new tactics of leading and managing.”
Chelsea Conway, CEO, Beam Mack Sales & Service (CLIMB '17-18)(Rochester Chamber FLAC Co-Chair, 2018 CF Foundation Rochester’s Finest Honoree)
“CLIMB had a positive impact on my personal behaviors. I increased my confidence, and have a stronger growth mindset. I gained an invaluable network of people who share a passion for personal growth that are diverse enough that I can learn from. My growth was fueled by the conversations us CLIMBers had during our experiential learning sessions & leadership sessions with XLR8 led by Andrew Brady.”
Shaquana Divers, Executive Program Manager, Health Care Network Management Division, Excellus BCBS (CLIMB ’17-‘18)(2019 ATHENA Award Recipient)
“The purpose of the CLIMB Mentoring program is to facilitate the upward movement of young leaders. Fostering their personal growth by sharing the knowledge and experience of Rochester’s established leaders with Rochester’s young leaders. Developing these personal, two way, learning relationships has an infectious, positive impact beyond the bounds of the program."
Ben Deuel, Architectural Designer, Clark Patterson Lee (CLIMB ’17-18, Rochester Chamber FLAC Mentorship Committee Chair)
The Rochester Chamber CLIMB program accepts the best and brightest young leaders (age 21 - 40) from the business community, who would benefit from an enhanced network and valuable resources within the Rochester and Finger Lakes region, and who could contribute to Rochester Chamber as a voice of progress and leadership.
Do you or a young leader you know display the qualities of:
How to apply:
Please submit the following to Shannon Ealy at Shannon.Ealy@GreaterRochesterChamber.com:
-Letter of Intent
-Letter of Recommendation from manager or employer
- How the applicant has displayed the qualities of Leadership, Vision, Contribution, Impact, and Integrity
- How participation in the CLIMB program can help further their career and leadership goals
-Updated Resume & Headshot/Photo
-Due upon acceptance: One-time tuition payment ($1,750 member rate/$1,950 non-member rate)*
*Limited, need-based scholarships available
APPLICATIONS DUE FRIDAY, JUNE 28, 2019
Questions? Email Shannon.Ealy@GreaterRochesterChamber.com or call 585-256-4658.